Combined Metals of Chicago, L.L.C. (CMC) and its associated business units are committed to operating in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety (EHS) of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate.
Meeting this commitment is a primary management objective and the individual and collective responsibility of all employees.
To that end, we will:
- Meet applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, commitments with customers, company requirements and other requirements as appropriate to our business.
- Strive to prevent injuries and ill health by encouraging safe behaviors and implementing and continually improving safe work environments and practices.
- Strive to minimize environmental impacts from our operations and prevent pollution.
- Regularly assess and continually improve EHS performance by implementing management systems that provide a framework for setting and achieving EHS objectives and targets.
- Integrate EHS excellence into our planning, decision-making, and change management processes.
- Train, inform, and hold employees accountable to conduct their activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Promote the adoption of similar principles by our contractors and suppliers.
- This policy will be communicated to all employees and made available to the public. It will be reviewed periodically for continuing suitability.
Jim Darrow, President
Combined Metals of Chicago, LLC